Have you been spending a lot of time outdoors with the kids? Sadly we have not because of the winter weather.
During the holidays we were stuck indoors because of the ice storm that hit Toronto and last week we didn’t manage to spend any time outside much because of the freezing cold temperatures.
Our dog and two kids were going stir crazy and all we could do during those days was play indoors.
We have been running our Honeywell AirGenius Air Cleaner everyday for at least two hours a day and thanks to this machine, we made it through the holidays without getting sick – this was a first since having kids!
The air has been smelling fresh too – even after all the cooking and eating we were doing!
We have almost eliminated the wet dog smell (pet owners you know what I’m talking about!) and the air is noticeably cleaner and crisper in all of our bedrooms.
The Honeywell AirGenius Air Cleaner is simple to set up and the blue smart control buttons make it easy to customize what we want it to do.
My favourite features of this particular model is that is has a permanent filter that is easy to clean (you only need wash it 4 times a year) and it has a quiet setting which allows us to run it while we sleep. It is much quieter compared to our previous air cleaner.
Some Other Cool Features About the Honeywell AirGenius Air Cleaner:
- It has an oscillation and timer (up to 12 hours) setting. We usually set it to run for 2 hours before bed and it switches off by itself when it’s done.
- It is a fairly lightweight. We’ve used it on both the upper and lower levels of our home and love that we can transport it from room to room.
- The ifD® filter is permanent and easy to clean – no need to buy replacement filters!
- ifD® filters capture up to 99.9% of particles including mold spores, pet dander, pollen, tobacco smoke and household dust.
- Actively circulates and filters the air up to 5 times an hour in a large room (up to 250 sq. ft.)
- Electronic filter gauge and filter change indicator tells you when to check your filters
- The unit also comes with an absorbing pre-filter which can be used in conjunction with the permanent filter. This odour-reducing pre-filter that helps absorb common household odours and VOCs as well as large particles and should be replaced once every 3 months.
- Has 5 air cleaning levels and easy-tap touch sensitive controls, you can choose from SLEEP (almost silent operation), GERM (for cold & flu season), GENERAL Cleaning, ALLERGEN (for peak allergen season) or MAX Cleaning Power, depending on your air cleaning needs.
- Energy Star rated and uses about the same amount of electricity as a light bulb.
This purifier is great and the after running it the air is noticeably cleaner which is extremely helpful during winter months when it’s too cold to open the windows.
My husband and I no longer wake up with stuffy noses or sneezing and we don’t feel as bad when the kids have to stay indoors all day.
If you are looking for a high quality air purifier, the Honeywell AirGenius Air Cleaner may fit your family’s needs. It retails for a little over $200 and can be found at many retailers across Canada.
Win a Honeywell AirGenius Air Cleaner
Thanks to the generous folks at Kaz Canada, one lucky Along Came Kids reader will win a Honeywell AirGenius Air Cleaner!
Use the entry form below to enter. Giveaway open to Canadian residents only (Quebec excluded) and ends on January 29, 2014 11:59PM EST.